Hoarding is a serious problem for some people. It’s not just about keeping too many things in your home; it’s excessively saving items that many people see as worthless. People who hoard often have an emotional attachment to the things they keep and find that getting rid of them isn’t as simple as just throwing them out or giving them away. This is why it can be impossible for hoarders to get rid of any belongings, and why professional help is necessary.
We are a professional hoarding cleanup service in Anderson SC that can help clean any property. If you or a loved one in Anderson SC has a hoarding problem at home, get in touch with the IDC Restoration team to learn how we can help.
Why Do You Need Professional Hoarding Cleanup Services?
Hoarding is a very complex problem to treat. On the one hand, the hoarder has developed a very strong emotional attachment to their belongings and is reluctant to give any of them up. On the other hand, the hoarder often knows that they have far too many belongings and feel pressure to get rid of them.
For this reason, hoarders are in constant conflict because they know they should get rid of their stuff, but they can’t bring themselves to do it.
That’s where professional cleaning services in Anderson SC come in. When you call an experienced company for help, the experts will guide the hoarder through an extensive process with an end goal of revitalizing the home.
No more waiting for the trash to be taken out; you’ll get the results you need and the hoard reduced.
How IDC Can Help You with Hoarding Cleanup in Anderson SC
We’re a professional specialty cleaning company that handles hoarding cases, clutter, sorting, removal, and organization. Our staff has the proper training to accomplish hoarding cleanups, so the homeowner doesn’t need to worry about anything in their home.
Our team of professionals has years of experience in cleaning up large-scale hoards. Our Anderson SC team consists of caring and compassionate people who have been background-checked and drug-tested, as well as trained to clean up any mess on the property.
We are sensitive to a hoarder’s needs
Hoarding cleanup is an emotional and difficult process. Most hoarders don’t want anyone else to know about their situation. Therefore, our team can discreetly enter the home, clean up the accumulation of waste and objects, and help the hoarder organize their home for the future. This level of service is unique to our company because we believe Anderson, SC residents deserve discreet care and compassion.
We make no judgments throughout the process; instead, we collaborate with the property owner to remove unnecessary belongings together.
IDC in Anderson SC is proud to offer comprehensive services to take care of the hoard fully. We offer hazardous waste removal, including animal droppings or other biohazardous material.
We understand that in this type of household, animals may be living in these conditions. We will clean up any associated waste accordingly. We also offer a donation of unwanted items to charity and recycle electronics as needed.
In addition to these services, we also offer complete documentation of the hoarding cleanup process. This way, you have peace of mind that your belongings have been accounted for and transported to the right place.
Finally, we will have someone on-site to stay with the hoarder and “hold their hand.”
We’re ready to get to work!
We’re excited to help any hoarder in Anderson SC reorganize their home and restart their lives in a cleaner, more organized, and happier environment. Once you call us to set up an appointment, we’ll start our process right away.
The Cleanup Process at IDC
Our cleanup process is simple. Once you call us with your inquiry, we’ll ask you a few questions about the situation. These range from “How many rooms have objects?” to “How much would you like us to clean?”
We record these answers so that we know exactly what we’re walking into on cleanup day but also to make the experience personal.
Once we’ve arrived at the place of residence in Anderson SC, we’ll start by taking each room’s inventory. We will write down each major mess that we’ll need to tackle to keep track of what we’re doing and plan for the day. Then, we begin cleaning up the mess.
The Cleanup Process
- The first thing we’ll do is clean up any obvious trash, such as bottles, bags, or unwanted papers. We’ll also dispose of any other unusable objects such as broken furniture at a local Anderson SC dumpsite.
- We’ll gather all items in the home to be donated to local charities in Anderson SC. As we said before, we’ll donate any unwanted items to those in Anderson SC and beyond.
- We’ll take these items and load them into a truck (or off to the side if we do not have a truck yet). We’ll ship the items to a donation facility. This way, they are completely out of the way for the rest of the cleanup process.
- Next, we’ll tackle the most difficult step of the cleanup process: Deciding what to get rid of in the home. We’ll go through major items such as furniture and electronics, helping the hoarder decide what to keep and what to get removed. We’ll be compassionate but emphasize that the hoarder cannot continue the lifestyle and needs to get rid of more than they keep in their home.
- After we’ve gone through all the major items, we can go through the smaller things such as books, knick-knacks, papers, and other items.
- After this step, we can start the sanitation process within the Anderson SC home. Here, we’ll take care of any spills, dirty dishes, soiled laundry, and grimy floors to leave the property looking spotless.
- Then, we’ll ensure that the hoarder has resources to get additional help in Anderson SC. We’re always available for home cleanup in Anderson SC, but we’re happy to provide references for professional counseling.
Hoarding is a complex issue, but it’s not impossible to treat. Our cleanup business in Anderson SC is dedicated to helping people mitigate this issue and live their lives to the fullest.
If you’re a hoarder in the Anderson SC area and unable to clean up or get rid of your belongings, don’t hesitate to contact us. We can help you get your Anderson SC property cleared and cleaned today!
Areas That We Serve
- Abbeville counties